Full-Service Hot Tub Removal in Colorado Springs
Removal of a spa can be a cumbersome process for the inexperienced. Here’s how our team does it:
- We drain your tub and disconnect all electrical connections. You can, too, by accessing the drain on the bottom of the tub. Hook a garden hose to it and direct the water to an area that won’t become flooded. You can hire a professional contractor to properly disconnect the electrical connections, or ask us for an additional fee.
- We remove the outer skirting from around the hot tub. Our team disconnects and removes the motor, pump, and attached electrical equipment.
- We cut the spa into manageable pieces using a reciprocating saw.
- With all the industrial work done, we load up our truck with the debris and recyclable items.
- At the end of the process, we sweep up and tidy the area, ridding it of fiberglass and wood debris.
The process generally takes us about two hours on-site, start to finish. When we’re done, we take the debris to a construction landfill, and recycle both the motor and the pump.
Quick Tip: Hot tubs are made of fiberglass. Make sure to wear dust masks so you don’t inhale fine fiberglass particles. They can irritate your respiratory system.